Member Training Program: Creative Thinking: How to find innovative solutions for your business challenges
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
Isn’t this quote true? Yet isn’t it true that we’re guilty of doing exactly this? So why not stop it now! Join Jeff Tan on March 1st as he gently adjusts your thinking patterns so that you can always find an innovative solution to any problem you face in the workplace (or in life).
What will Jeff share? A simple 5-Step process to help you discover:
- How to gain clarity on what exactly you’re trying to solve
- How to think outside the box by thinking inside the box
- How to plan and manage the inside the box solution
- How to execute the plan, review and revise it as you go along
- How to have fun doing all this (this is the most important step)
And of course, we will practice these five steps with real situations you share and some “usual” corporate challenges, e.g. retention, engagement, communication, leadership. What happens after this workshop is that you can apply the simple 5-step plan immediately and experience the difference yourself. Free yourself from the chains that hold you back and find innovative solutions!
Who should attend?
Middle/senior managers, directors, CEOs
13:15 Session Begins
15:15 Tea Break
17:00 Session Ends
About the trainer:
Jeff Tan "I’m not an innovation consultant nor am I a creative specialist. Instead, I’m an ex-military helicopter pilot who spent 26 years flying with the Singapore Air Force. Since coming to Shanghai in 2006, my overwhelming desire to find simple solutions to everyday challenges led me to Neuroscience research and how our brain works. This in turn helped me discover many easy to use, fun to learn, and super effective tips and tools to improve our lives. I regularly use all these tools myself, and have shared many with my friends and clients. On March 1st, please let me share one of these tools with you so that you can become a creative and innovative problem solver!"
- This training session is open only to AmCham Shanghai members and employees who work at member companies.
- All registrations shall be made online before the session.
- AmCham Shanghai members are eligible to attend the session free of charge with Training Credit*.
AmCham Shanghai members without Training Credit are eligible to attend the session at “Member Rate.”
Employees who work at AmCham Shanghai member companies are eligible to attend the session at "Employee Rate."
- Limited spaces are available and attendance will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Members please bring your membership card and employees bring your business card upon check-in at the training session.
Walk-in and Cancellation Policy:
- This session requires confirmation of attendance in advance. If you attend this session without prior registration, you will be charged an RMB50 "walk-in" fee as member and RMB100 as employee.
- Cancellation: If you need to cancel your registration, please notify Kelly Deng at (86 21) 6279 7119 ext. 4580 or email Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours in advance.
- To ensure that you have a seat, please come to the session on time. Open seats will be released to other guests 15 minutes after the session starts.
*What is Training Credit?
As an extra offer to all AmCham Shanghai members, each member will be granted with ONE Training Credit with their valid membership term. Members are able to use the Training Credit to register for the training session they are interested in, free of charge. The Training Credit can only be used by the member him/herself. The Training Credit is not transferrable or refundable for cash.