Member Training Program: Negotiation Skills Workshop
This Negotiation Skills Workshop provides measurable improvements in all participants’ negotiating performance - emphasis is on practice rather than theory.
Participants learn to use negotiating strategies and tactics, mainly through role-play and group exercises. Under the guidance of the facilitator, each participant analyses his/her personal performance to ensure maximum outcomes in future negotiations.
This workshop is designed to address a variety of negotiating settings, including customer and client negotiations, supplier negotiations and internal negotiations.
- Understanding Negotiation
- Know Your BATNA
- Determine Your Philosophy
- Use Tactics Effectively
- Maximize Your Power and Maintain Control
- Role-Play: The Watch Maker
Who should attend?
- Sales related roles who need to negotiate with clients
- Business managers
13:15 Session Begins
14:55 Tea Break
17:00 Session Ends
About the Trainer:
Stephen Wong has over 25 years’ experience in sales, key account management, and business development in Asia including Hong Kong, Australia, and China. He has worked in multicultural environments with corporations in Banking and Finance, Retail, and Information Technology.
Today, as a trainer, coach and facilitator for Simitri, Stephen works with clients in different industries to optimize organizational efficiency through development of senior leaders and managers who want to make a difference in the workplace and its surroundings. He is passionate in using training/coaching to help clients to improve results and performance through better talent management.
Stephen is a Certified NLP Coach and a member of International Coach Federation (ICF). He can communicate fluently in English, Mandarin and Cantonese. He blends his excellent business experiences into his Training/Coaching for clients with different cultural backgrounds. Stephen has a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University Of Windsor, Canada.
- This training session is open only to AmCham Shanghai members and employees who work at member companies.
- All registrations shall be made online before the session.
- AmCham Shanghai members are eligible to attend the session free of charge with Training Credit*.
AmCham Shanghai members without Training Credit are eligible to attend the session at “Member Rate.”
Employees who work at AmCham Shanghai member companies are eligible to attend the session at "Employee Rate."
- Limited spaces are available and attendance will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Members please bring your membership card and employees bring your business card upon check-in at the training session.
Walk-in and Cancellation Policy:
- This session requires confirmation of attendance in advance. If you attend this session without prior registration, you will be charged an RMB50 "walk-in" fee as member and RMB100 as employee.
- Cancellation: If you need to cancel your registration, please notify Kelly Deng at (86 21) 6279 7119 ext. 4580 or email Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours in advance.
- To ensure that you have a seat, please come to the session on time. Open seats will be released to other guests 15 minutes after the session starts.
*What is Training Credit?
As an extra offer to all AmCham Shanghai members, each member will be granted with ONE Training Credit with their valid membership term. Members are able to use the Training Credit to register for the training session they are interested in, free of charge. The Training Credit can only be used by the member him/herself. The Training Credit is not transferrable or refundable for cash.