Member Training Program: Successfully Navigating Chinese Culture for Expat Managers (Pre-paid)
“Successfully Navigating Chinese Culture for Expat Managers”, is designed specifically for expat managers in China who need to achieve superior business results with their local teams or business partners. The workshop is facilitated by a certified cross-cultural coach who has over 30 years’ experience in China negotiating large investment projects and leading multi-cultural teams.
Participants in this workshop will gain a better understanding of Chinese core values, communication styles and working style preferences. They will also identify potential cultural gaps and develop strategies and action plans on how to better communicate, influence, negotiate and collaborate with their Chinese counterparts.
• The Strategic Performance Framework and its application in China
• Core values of the Chinese and their impact on business
• Understanding Chinese regional and generational differences
• Understanding your Cultural Orientations Indicator profile
• Identifying potential cultural gaps
• Development of four key cross-cultural skills critical to business success
• Real case analysis and discussions
• Action planning
Who should attend?
Expat Managers, HR Managers and anyone who is interested in this topic.
09:00 Morning Session Starts
13:00 Afternoon Session Starts
17:00 Session Ends
About the Trainer:
Greg Whitehorn is a Global Executive Coach and Leadership Development Consultant with over 30 years of global management experience. He was the Deputy Director of International Development for Portman Properties and the key contact with Shanghai Centre’s Chinese partner, relevant government agencies and bureaus. After nine years with the Portman Shanghai Centre, Greg assumed the position of Vice-President, Asia Pacific for Joseph E. Seagram & Sons.
Greg has extensive global business experience in China, Japan, India, Europe and Latin America. He is a certified practitioner and facilitator of the Cultural Orientation Approach (COA), the Global Mindset Inventory (GMI), developed by the Najafi Global Mindset Institute at the Thunderbird School of Global Management, and Belbin Team Roles.
Greg has worked with individual leaders and/or teams from many global companies such as Amazon, Nike, Fiat-Chrysler, Delphi, Pepsi, S.C. Johnson, Johnson & Johnson, GSK,, Corning, Boeing, Phillips , General Electric, Proctor & Gamble, Air Liquide, British Petroleum and Caterpillar. He is a member of the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC).
- All registrations shall be made online before the session. For full-day sessions, payment also shall be made before the session.
- For full-day sessions, AmCham Shanghai members are eligible to attend at “Member Rate”; Employees who work at AmCham Shanghai member companies are eligible to attend at “Employee Rate”; Non-members are eligible to attend at “Non-Member Rate”.
- Limited spaces are available and attendance will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Members please bring your membership card and non-members bring your business card upon check-in at the training session.
Walk-in and Cancellation Policy:
- This session requires confirmation of attendance in advance. If you attend this session without prior registration, you will be charged an RMB50 "walk-in" fee as member and RMB100 as employee.
- Cancellation: If you need to cancel your registration for a half-day session, please notify Kelly Deng at (86 21) 6279 7119 ext. 4580 or email Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 24 hours in advance. If you need to cancel your registration for a full-day session, please notify Kelly Deng at least two weeks prior to the session for a full refund. Cancellation made within two weeks before the session will not be refundable.
- To ensure that you have a seat, please come to the session on time. Open seats will be released to other guests 15 minutes after the session starts.