Member Training Program: E-Commerce in China: what you need to know to successfully sell online in the world’s largest market! (Pre-paid)
The Chinese eCommerce market is the largest eCommerce market in the world. This market has its own specificities: local players and local practices are quite different from the Western counterpart. Whether you are a brand or a merchant with an eCommerce project in China, this training will help you understand China's eCommerce market, the best eCommerce practices in China and the Chinese digital ecodfsystem.
Through real life examples and study cases, this training will allow you to gather the necessary practical and market knowledge for your eCommerce success in China.
- Market Insights
• Who are the Chinese Internet users & online buyers ?
• Focus on the mobile market in China
- Marketplaces & eTailers
• Business models of the e-Marketplaces in China
• Tmall & JD Focus
- Cross Border eCommerce
• Why and How brands can leverage Cross Border eCommerce ?
• Review of the different logistics options
- Stand Alone eCommerce Website
• The Localization of an eCommerce Website for China
• Hosting a website in China
- Digital Landscape & Baidu & Video
• Baidu & Baidu Marketing
• Video platforms landscape and advertising costs
- Social Marketing & Social eCommerce
• Why social marketing is a Must for eCommerce in China ?
• Weibo is not dead ! How a brand can use Weibo ?
• WeChat : The Super App
• Current eCommerce and Digital Trends
- Strategy & Budget
• The MUST HAVE of an eCommerce Strategy
• Planning a budget for your eCommerce
Who should attend?
This training session targets brands or merchants with an eCommerce or digital project on the Chinese market. Entrepreneurs or ecommerce practitioners can also join this course.
09:00 Morning Session Starts
13:00 Afternoon Session Starts
17:00 Session Ends
About the Trainer:
Cyril Drouin is the Chief eCommerce Officer for Greater China at Saatchi & Saatchi. He is based in the Shanghai office, but he travels extensively for business, lectures, and trainings.
Cyril has lived in China since 1998 and founded BysoftChina in 2003, an eCommerce and digital agency focusing on the Chinese market. As its CEO and Senior eCommerce Consultant, Cyril, over the more than 10 years since its inception, helped BysoftChina to grow into a leading agency, with clients extending from SMEs to multinationals. Local and international companies came to rely on the eCommerce and digital marketing expertise Cyril used to create their successes in either optimizing or creating their digital & eCommerce presence in China.
- All registrations shall be made online before the session. For full-day sessions, payment also shall be made before the session.
- For full-day sessions, AmCham Shanghai members are eligible to attend at “Member Rate”; Employees who work at AmCham Shanghai member companies are eligible to attend at “Employee Rate”; Non-members are eligible to attend at “Non-Member Rate”.
- Limited spaces are available and attendance will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Members please bring your membership card and non-members bring your business card upon check-in at the training session.
Walk-in and Cancellation Policy:
- This session requires confirmation of attendance in advance. If you attend this session without prior registration, you will be charged an RMB50 "walk-in" fee as member and RMB100 as employee.
- Cancellation: If you need to cancel your registration for a half-day session, please notify Kelly Deng at (86 21) 6279 7119 ext. 4580 or email Kelly.email@example.com no less than 24 hours in advance. If you need to cancel your registration for a full-day session, please notify Kelly Deng at least two weeks prior to the session for a full refund. Cancellation made within two weeks before the session will not be refundable.
- To ensure that you have a seat, please come to the session on time. Open seats will be released to other guests 15 minutes after the session starts.